Established in 1908 as the association of Dutch newspaper publishers, NDP Nieuwsmedia now represents multimedia news companies that publish quality content on a wide range of (digital) platforms.
In 2010 the association opened its membership for news companies that originate from outside the newspaper industry.
News media: journalism and business
NDP Nieuwsmedia aims to:
- create awareness of the crucial function of independent news media in a democratic society
- represent and defend journalistic interests of the member companies and to favour pluralism
- pursue maximum legal and commercial space for member companies
Public affairs, media research, education
NDP Nieuwsmedia is active in the following fields:
- public affairs (on national and, through News Media Europe, on EU level)
- collective services (social affairs, self regulation)
- advertising market (research, audience measurement)
- media literacy (news in education) through Nieuws in de klas